Sunday, August 21, 2011

Twin Cities round 2

Thanks to World Vision in Minneapolis I was able to sign up for the TCM 2011. Registration closed but they still had some left,,, so here we go again. I told myself that I wouldn't do this one again because my last experience was a grueling sweat fest.

There were 2 things that changed my mind.... The 1st was that I ran the first 10 miles of the race last year with no bib, just biked up to the beginning locked my bike up and hoped in with all the runners. Obviously this is not legit, but had I not done that I wouldn't have given them $100 bucks this year. It was one of the most enjoyable ten milers I've done and I averaged a 6 minute mile. The 2nd thing is training has just been going so well. I've been doing a 20 miler once a week and probably putting in close to 50 miles a week... SOLIDLY!

With those 2 things and the hunger for the redemption of my local race, I think I can pound out this course in 2:50. GOD willing!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment