Sunday, May 22, 2011

Fargo Marathon 2011

I have mixed feelings on the results of this years marathon. First off during the packet pick-up I was supposed to see some Pictures of me and some of the other guys in the "add campaign", but they failed to use us at all in there "add campaign". The only picture I kept seeing were the same one they use for absolutely everything, which is a group of people running by the theater in downtown Fargo. I mean its a good picture for the front page of the Fargo Forum the day after it's taken but putting the picture in every piece of advertisement for the entire year is a bit extreme. But maybe I am just vain and wanted to see a picture of myself on a poster. Or maybe the pictures were total crap and they didn't have the heart to tell me.

Secondly... I thought this marathon has been so so organized in the past. Why take what is working so well and completely change it? What I mean is the course structure, and timing elements were so flipped around and changed this year that it was the first year that I'll think twice before doing the Fargo again. All that I want to say is if one more half-marathoner lazily jogs up in front of me to get there ice cold beverage at the aid station, AND THEN comes to a complete stop to take a long slow drink of the refreshing liquid, then I may just start sacking some people.

BUT for all the failures at the race I got a PR, so nothing even matters after that. That is the only thing that I will remember. Life moves forward when you PR. Thanks Fargo!

No comments:

Post a Comment