Friday, May 13, 2011

Hard Labor is for youngsters!! And the birds!

I finally realized last summer that I wasn't invincible. I mean as a young runner I definitely have had a few good doses of shin splints, but outside of that I've had no issues with my body failing. Last summer I did a lot of extra concrete work on the side and I really tore up my lower back. It still aches 1 year later. My wife says that something is out of alignment, so maybe Ill go see a chiropractor?? I wish the new owners of my Jamba had given me some descent options for health insurance, but I basically have nothing. Maybe It'll get better, I hoped it would be good for the marathon, but I did some concrete work for my dad a week ago that wreaked havoc all over again.

We'll have to settle for the strength that the good Lord will give me!!

I want to keep this blog going, cause it really does help organize my thoughts on running. But stay tuned because my next blog is an interesting story about my new boss and our plans on a Jamba 5k near the lakes next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment