Sunday, April 3, 2011

New Jobs......etc

A month ago I started work at another Jamba Juice in Minneapolis. It's actually a perfect store. Its in a whole foods, and most my clients are real focused on health. I sell a ton of carrot juice and Wheatgrass. Its fun to be in that area... the lakes and minneapolis trails are all right there. If I didn't have to go pick up the kids at daycare after work I would be running there a few times a week. Its about 7 mile run from my house and its all on the parkway trails and around Lake Harriet and Calhoun. Occasionally though I'll run after work around Lake Calhoun which is around 3 miles. I have had some issues transitioning to this new store, and that coupled with a not so good month of March I have not gotten out on my long runs as much. By now with a month and a half before the race I should have been out on at least 3 or 4 runs of 15 miles or more. The longest runs I have gotten in this winter are 10-12 miles.

This years Fargo I am not going to shoot for a PR, but I am planning on using it as a good training run for the Medtronic TCM in the fall. I got super pumped up for the the Twin Cities Marathon last year, because I jumped in a with the pack about a block from the start and ran to my house on Chicago which I think is about the 11 mile mark. It was the best I felt on run since. I wanted to run the entire race, but I got worried that someone would tackle me off the course!! Obviously running a race you do not have entry for isn't very appropriate, but it did inspire me to run the TCM again. These new jobs and distractions in my running schedule have been tough, but I really am shooting for a PR and it would be great to do it in a hometown race. Especially since that 07 marathon's heat killed my enthusiasm shooting for a 2:50 Marathon.

No matter what though I am sure the Fargo will be a fun race, and I am really excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment