Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Options are good!

Today I brought my bag of cold weather running gear to Jamba Juice. The babysitter can keep the kids until 5pm without extra charges. It does lend me a new oppurtunity that I haven't had in years. I can run after work without leaving my wife to tend to the kids another hour. It helps when my phone says its sub-zero I can make the decision while laying in bed to "run after work". It really opens up some doors. I mean it can only be a 30 to 40 minute run.. tops. I get off at 4pm drive over to the target parking lot. Where I work i am surrounded by the busiest freeways in mpls. There are lots of frontage roads and overpasses I have to navigate. But i found parking in the target parking lot which is a half mile from Jamba Juice eliminates 50% of the navigation. The loop I do drops me into some wooded roads and down in the marshes of Minnetonka. Really it ends up being one of my nicer routes after I get off the frontage road and the trail by the freeway. I feel a little odd going to get the kids in my running clothes, because they are the last ones there, and I know the babysitter has been pretty much waiting for me to get done with my run. I guess I pay her till 5 though. The option is just nice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment