Sunday, February 13, 2011

Nevermore!

On Sunday Mornings you can run wherever you want. I feel like it's a secret.. If you go out early enough on Sundays you have the cities completely to yourself. It's a perfect day for long runs. There is a 10 mile route that I just started doing, and the only problem is that I have to run on Chicago ave for 2 miles (one of the busier side roads in Mpls. ) On freezing cold winter mornings at 5 am when everything is frozen over I choose to run on the oncoming traffic side of the road. When a car comes I just switch sides. I noticed that I started to hate concentrating on not slipping the whole run. Plus at that time of day there is virtually nobody up yet, so it is actually very nice.

The payoff I got this morning for being up before daybreak was a about 20,000 crows on the trees and in the sky along the trail. I was scared that i was going to get my poor eyeballs plucked! I don't know if it was a payoff but it was a site!! The sound was intense. Why birds don't just go hang out somewere in woods? We wont ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment