Wednesday, January 26, 2011

2011 Fargo Climate

Are you hoping for 40 degrees and sunny like I am for the Fargo Marathon? I am!! The first year of the Fargo Marathon was perfect. It was like 30 degrees, and I can't remember if it was cloudy or sunny?? Then I skipped the 2nd year and ran it the 3rd. The 3rd year was nice and cool, but it was very windy. I don't feel the wind affected my performance since I did PR!! Then I skipped a few years more and ran it last year. I ran a race called the bridge to bridge bash one hot day in the summer of 08. I did well and my prize was a free entry to the Fargo. I ended up missing that one, so I asked the race director if I could redeem it for the 2010 race. I did and that race was my favorite. If you ran the Fargo last year you remember the torrents of rain at the start of the race. I was a little on edge at the beginning thinking of a soggy shoe race. But a few miles after the gun the rain subsided and we got some nice weather. I actually thought for anyone running longer that 3 hour marathon, they might have some heat. It was an even run, I kept my head the whole way and even had some kick left at the end. It was a blast and I am just totally pumped for 2011. I want that 40 degree crisp/calm sunny day. The kind of marathon where you need light gloves but short sleeves. It gets me excited thinking about that possibility... actually I think Ill just make the prediction right now, and I think we deserve it --- putting up with this nasty winter.

Who am I even talking to? I don't have one person following this blog. Myself I guess>> Shoulder shrug.

No comments:

Post a Comment